Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are used for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some models are built for extra energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for modern homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and available in a variety of colors. Louver Shop exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that create a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters made with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times better than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive design only available from Louver Shop.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and miniature louvers (1.25”).
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually made from wood or faux wood. Also known as plantation shutters.
Make your home more comfortable and stylish with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop. As tough as they are beautiful, there’s a blind for every home. Use them to filter light and provide privacy. Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment available in wood or PVC.
Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers. Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that look like wood.
- Parkland®: Classic horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the style of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with modern style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can filter sunlight, reduce heat transfer and block damaging UV rays. Honeycomb Shades: Provides superior energy efficiency. Multiple air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that stacks into neat pleats when raised. Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised. Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, affordable shades. Curls around a roller when raised.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade on the market.
Some models provide extra insulation and light-filtering capabilities. Sheer Shades: Provides both light and privacy. Incorporates vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Budget-friendly sheers that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with superior light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with superior light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the look of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas has a variety of motorized and manual operating systems for its blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device. SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation. Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand remain at a consistent length when raising or lowering window treatments. LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your hand, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower. Duolite®: Light diffusion and room darkening in one product. LightLock™: Provides 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades. Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or somewhere in between. Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Can be manual or motorized. SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail eliminates the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades simple. Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window coverings. EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade. Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop works on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade. Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that creates the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to block the most light. Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for easy operation and cleaner appearance. Combination Wand/Cord Control: Provides single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers. Wand Control: Replaces looped pull cords with a wand. Chain and Cord: Provides smooth operation and superior light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We commonly refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages. Architella®: Premium option for select Hunter Douglas products. Features superior energy efficiency. Cells: Sections that make up a honeycomb shade. ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature that expands the outdoor view for select window treatments. de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for blinds that hides cord holes and reduces light leakage. End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop feature on hurricane shutters that eliminates the need for storm bars. IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing feature for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades. Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing. Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter. MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for select horizontal blinds that nearly doubles the view. Polymer: Also known as faux or fake wood. Ideal for rooms with high moisture. PerfectView: Louver Shop offers a contemporary operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from view. This provides smooth operation and enhanced view through the shutter. Slat: Individual strips that make up a horizontal blind. SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for vertical blinds ensuring smooth, quiet operation. Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers. Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that increases energy efficiency. Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.