Exterior shutters don’t merely make your home look outstanding. They could improve its resale price also.
There are a few different types of decorative exterior shutters, which we’ll review in just a minute. When you create these shutters for your residence, you’ll want to collaborate with a skilled pro, like one from Louver Shop. We can help you select and develop the ideal option for your residence during a free consultation.
Read on to find out about the most popular types of exterior shutters and the perks of adding them to your residence.
Types of Decorative Exterior Shutters
- Board and Batten Shutters—From large boards to broad battens, these attractive shutters offer a rustic style. Board and batten shutters work with many home styles, such as traditional, farmhouse, lake and forest homes. They’re usually sold in composite, vinyl and aluminum styles.
- Raised Panel Shutters—These are one of the most desired classic shutter styles. Raised panel shutters are made from solid panels and use decorative definition. They frequently come in single-, double- and triple-panel designs and match with a variety of architectural styles, both historic and modern. They’re commonly sold in composite, vinyl and aluminum options.
- Bahama Shutters—These shutters are great for tropical areas, including coastal or beach houses. Bahama shutters shield against harsh rays and allow in refreshing breezes. They’re frequently customizable in aluminum and fiberglass models.
- Louvered Shutters—These are another enduring shutter style. Louvered shutters use straight lines that work with a large variety of residences, such as historic and contemporary. They’re usually available in aluminum, fiberglass, hybrid and vinyl options.
At Louver Shop, our shutters can be customized in decorative and operational models. They can be customized in nearly any color or design. You can also make your home stand out by upgrading to premier hardware, curved tops and more.
3 Perks of Exterior Shutters
- They keep your family cool. If you go with an operational shutter type, you can draw your shutters during peak summer days to increase your house’s energy efficiency. That way, your home keeps cool while keeping your energy costs down.
- They give your home a bespoke appearance. Once you choose a type, the options are just about endless for shapes, colors and optional hardware. Shutters can make your house look unique and be distinctive.
- They might enhance your resale worth. High-quality exterior shutters, such as models from Louver Shop, might improve your residence’s value. They’re also an eye-catching enhancement for home buyers, particularly when they’re custom.
Quality is important when you’re seeking to add a permanent feature to your residence’s façade. At Louver Shop, we make all our exterior shutters in the United States. Not only will you receive them more quickly, they’ll be beautiful for years to come.
We also uphold them with one of the top limited lifetime warranties in the industry, so you won’t have to worry about buckling, flaking, peeling or yellowing that can occur with shoddily manufactured shutters from overseas.
Whether you’re just beginning with your shutter project or have been dreaming about them for years, our design pros can help. We’re knowledgeable when it comes to making gorgeous homes happen. Contact us at to get your free consultation right away!